Friday, February 11, 2011

Sometimes Love Ain't Enough.

Love isn’t enough to keep a person around. This is a PSA for the world. Just because you love me unconditionally does NOT mean that I should stick around and deal with.. Well.. You. If I have to TRY and make something work then I might wake up and forget to try and we fail. My ideals towards relationships are twisted, yes I know. If you know you got a few pounds on you that you can get off, then get it off. If you refuse to then don’t get mad when I look at the slim thang with the booty sticking out when she walk by. Love does not make you look better and love does not make me ignore the petty attitude you tend to have. This kind of attitude might be why I haven’t been in a relationship in 4 years but oh well. I like things that look nice, people included. If you don’t like working out to get YOU to look better and be healthy then why would I believe you will put in extra work into making me happy from time to time? I mean, I’m willing to do it and stay eye candy for you throughout the relationship.
Some people have to stop thinking that just because you work hard and have certain things people are supposed to want to be with you. I hear females complain all the time “I got my own house, car, job and I’m about my business. Why can’t these men act right?” Nowhere in that did you say “I’m a great lover and a great friend.” A lot of women of my generation accomplish so much but forget how to be a woman with a man. It’s great that you are powerful alone but how useful are you on a team, on my team? So worried about everything except how to make us work but complain so much that we don’t work. It’s not all women; it’s some good ones out there. I’ve ran across a few. Hello to y’all. Before you decide to go gay because men aren’t acting right, turn around and look at yourself. Figure out if you are doing everything you can to be the best woman for a man. Meaning, be his lover, his friend, and his rock. Don’t be just someone he can have great sex with. Be a best friend. Know your man. KNOW HIM inside and out. I know this post is all over the place but it’s a much needed post. Stop thinking being about business and your looks is the end all be all. Know how to be a woman with a man before you say there aren’t any real men out there. Peace.

3 comments:

Lyrik Marie February 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

what would my life be without you Dizzy? You're post, all though sometimes sound like you're screaming at us, are always genuine and honest. you are the brother i wish i had Diz! u give some damn good advice and i love u for that ...

u have a very valid point in this blog post. i am actually one of those females who has everything of her own and still cant figure out why i cant find a decent man ... i am working on EVERY aspect of my life and i refuse to give up on black men .. because i know, somewhere out there, the good ones exist ..

good post diz!

RaeRenee February 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM  

I agree with this post, but you already know that because we talked about this. Love isn't enough and sometimes I feel like people want somebody to tell them what they want to hear instead of the truth. If my man said "you're putting on a lot of weight, what's going on?" I would take that as him caring about my health and me as a person. Better believe if he started gaining weight and not taking care of himself we would have a conversation. You can't just do what you want in a relationship, compromise isn't about letting either person have their way.

Shandra E...*the misses February 16, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

A lot of women of my generation accomplish so much but forget how to be a woman with a man. It’s great that you are powerful alone but how useful are you on a team, on my team?


TRUTH!!! I posted it as MY FB status & yes I quoted you as "a Dizzy, a young Kat with some sense!) lol

Blog Top Sites

Followerz!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP