Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To be honest or not to be honest.. That is the question

A lot of people use the line “I’m not looking for anything serious.” But what I have found out that 7 times out of 10 they are looking for something serious, what their looking for just isn’t in you. I honestly think no one wants to be the person to say “yeah I’m looking to fall in love by spring. I want something serious!” You run the risk of running the person away and appearing to be desperate, thirsty and crazy. There really isn’t a win with this. You have to stay cool even if you develop feelings. No one is really honest about what they want until it’s too late. I have heard “I’m not looking for anything serious” then the same girl turned around and said “I love you” a couple weeks later. Fail. Boom! In the game where EVERYONE wants EVERYONE to be honest, NO ONE is completely honest. Pride, past pains, and uncertainty makes that honest shit hard to do. So what is the answer? There isn’t one. Just know when you’re not 100 from jump, you can’t be mad at the other party when you don’t see eye to eye.

3 comments:

RaeRenee731 February 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

Like you said, there's no way to win. I try to be honest as a personal moral to friends, professors, men, etc. and I find that a lot of people aren't able to handle that. I honestly want something serious that builds out of a friendship and I want to be married one day. Try telling that to a Black man and all he hears is "this crazy heffa wants to marry me tomorrow". So we play this game of calling and texting at the "right" times, staying aloof when we're feeling each other, and ending up single with a pen pal. No bueno.

Anonymous February 17, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

I stumbled across your blog and I must say that I enjoy reading your posts. That being said, i'm in one of those type of "riendships" right now where I know we're feeling one another but we both have major baggage that prevents us from wanting to move to the next level. I'm more of a risk-taker so I've decided to say my peace and deal with the consequences. We have to stop using our past failed relationships to dictate our future.-

Cynthia February 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

I DEFINITELY enjoyed reading this one...honesty is SOOOO important. that can't be stressed enough. I feel that if you can't be honest in the beginning and voice what you REALLY want from whom ever you're dealing with (whether it be a relationship, friendship, etc.) then you're setting yourself up for failure and heartbreak in the end. People need to say exactly what they mean and stop beating around the bush. Just get to the point from jump and you'll figure out real quick if that person is seeing eye-to-eye with you.

Blog Top Sites

Followerz!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP